The standard royalty free license defines the conditions of use for most photographs downloaded from the website.
Standard license agreement means you pay for the image only once and then you can use the image as many times as you like, with just a few restrictions. This is a one-person license and can be used only by the account owner or his employee, for the company's own projects or clients and cannot be transmitted to another party. Royalty Free licensed images can be used on websites, TV-programmes, for educational projects, in magazines, newspapers, books or booklets, covers for books, flyers, games and any advertising and promotional materials, in either printed or electronic media. This list is not exhaustive. Please email support using the contact form if you have doubts or questions.
The standard royalty free license allows the buyer to use the images in the following:
- Illustration Web site/Blog
- Illustration of company brochure
- Multimedia presentation, printed presentation, or report
- Decoration of interior
- Illustration of a personal site
- Illustration of a personal blog
- Screen saver
- Report/school presentation
You may require extra rights granted by our Extended Licenses for web templates, greeting cards or postcards especially designed for sale, similar print-on-demand services, canvas, t-shirts, mugs, mouse pads or any other items incorporating the image in an essential manner, intended to be sold or given for free. You may also need an extended license if the same image is used by several employees in your company.
Buying the high-resolution image (purchasing the license) does not transfer the copyright. We recommend that you credit the agency and the photographer when you use an image. You can find our site terms here for more info.
Permitted Use: permitted use of licensed media subject to this license is restricted to the following
- only You are allowed to Use the Licensed Media, but You may transfer files containing Licensed Media to Your clients, printers, Internet Service Provider and the like to facilitate Your Use as described in the Permitted Uses, but You must ensure that they do not make any other Use of the Licensed Media.
- use in advertising and promotional projects with less than 500 000 impressions. This includes printed materials, posters, product packaging, presentations, film and video presentations, commercials, catalogues, brochures, promotional greeting cards and promotional postcards (not for resale or license);
- entertainment applications with less than 500 000 impressions, such as books and book covers, magazines, newspapers, editorials, newsletters, video, broadcast and theatrical presentations;
- on–line or electronic publications with less than 500 000 impressions. This includes web pages to a maximum of 1200 x 800 pixels for an image or illustration or to a maximum of 640x480 for video (but not within templates for sale); and any other Uses that We approve in advance in writing.
Prohibited Use: you may not do anything with the Licensed Media that is not expressly described as a Permitted Use. You may not Use the Licensed Media in products for resale, license or other distribution unless You purchase an Extended License Agreement. Any Use of the Licensed Media that is not a Permitted Use will constitute a breach of this license and infringement of copyright. Prohibited Use includes, but is not limited to:
- Use of the Licensed Media in design templates intended for resale, whether online or not, including, without limitation, website templates, flash templates, business card templates, electronic greeting card templates, and brochure design templates;
- Use or display of the Licensed Media on websites or other venues designed to induce or involving the sale, license or other distribution of any products, including postcards, mugs, T-shirts, posters and other items, as well as “on demand” products;
- Use of the Licensed Media in any products for “on demand” resale, license or other distribution for profit, such as postcards, mugs, T-shirts, posters and other items;
- Reproduction, either individually or in combination with others, of the Licensed Media, or any element of the Licensed Media, 500 000 times or more without obtaining an Extended License. However, You are allowed to Use the Licensed Media 500 000 times or more when Used in advertisements on websites or televised broadcasting, web-cast or theatrical production;
- Use of the Licensed Media or a portion or adaptation thereof as part of a trademark, design trade name, businessmen, service mark, logo or get-up;
- incorporation of the Licensed Media into any product that results in the re-distribution or re-Use of the Licensed Media or is otherwise made available in a manner such that a person can extract or access or reproduce the Licensed Media as an electronic file;
- Use of the Licensed Media in a fashion that We (acting reasonably) consider to be pornographic, obscene, immoral, infringing of Intellectual Property Rights, defamatory in nature, or that would be reasonably likely to bring any person or property reflected in the Licensed Media into disrepute;
- Use or display of any Media that features the model or person in a manner that may constitute identity theft. This includes Using the Licensed Media as part as an avatar or any other manner that falsely depicts the Model to be someone he or she clearly is not;
- Use or display any Media that features a model or person in a manner that would lead a reasonable person to think that such person uses or personally endorses any business, product, service, cause, association or other endeavour;
- Use that depicts such a model or person in a potentially sensitive subject matter, including, but not limited to mental and physical health issues, social issues, sexual or implied sexual activity or preferences, substance abuse, crime, physical or mental abuse or ailments, or any other subject matter that would be reasonably likely to be offensive or unflattering to any person reflected in the Licensed Media;
- to the extent that source code is contained within the Licensed Media, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any part of such source code;
- removal of any notice of copyright, trade-mark or other proprietary right from any place where it is on or embedded in the Licensed Media (an example of this would be to edit the IPTC data);
- sub-license, re-sell, rent, lend, assign, donate or otherwise transfer or distribute the Licensed Media or the rights granted under this Agreement;
- make available copies of the Licensed Media on a network server or web server for Use by others; and
- Use or display the Licensed Media in an electronic format that enables it to be downloaded or distributed via mobile devices or shared in any peer-to-peer or similar file sharing arrangement.
- Excess Production Run. If You wish to have a production run of 500 000 or more impressions of the Licensed Media, You must purchase an Extended License from Us.
- Acknowledgement. When incorporated into print, film, broadcast productions or video products, You must include a copyright attribution in substantially the following form:“Film Media courtesy of Stelian Pavalache, Used by Permission”.
The license agreement is obtained at the time images are downloaded from the website. The license agreement extensively outlines the terms and limits of use for the photo.
NOTE: This license does not allow a person to buy the image and sell prints or reproductions. This is a violation to the artists copyright and illegal. Violators will be severly punished.
In addition to the standard license, you may distribute the Work as incorporated onto any item of merchandise or other work of authorship. For clarification you, may use, reproduce, distribute or display the Work in connection with
- design template applications intended for resale;
- any goods or services intended for resale or distribution, including, without limitation, mugs, t-shirts, posters, greeting cards, posters or other merchandise, and any "print on demand" or tangible or electronic formats;
- a PR campaign aimed at the promotion of goods or services to the medias. Furthermore, if you incorporate a Work into a promotional press release that is being released to the media, then you may distribute the stand-alone image file of such Work to the media in connection therewith, under the condition that the media may only publish such Work in connection with the publishing of such press release, and that the media may not use or disseminate Work in any other manner.
For more information on licenses and our pricing system, please visit our SUBSCRIPTION or BUY CREDITS pages.